What is a Road Traffic Accident Claim?

If you've been injured in a road traffic accident (RTA), you may be entitled to claim compensation.


Whatever your injuries, our solicitors could help you get the compensation and rehabilitation that you need.

The causes and circumstances of road traffic accidents can vary a great deal from case to case. If you've never had to go through the process before, it's perfectly understandable if you're not sure how to claim compensation after a car accident.

If you're not sure whether or not you'll be able to claim, you can contact us for a free initial consultation about your case with one of our lawyers.

After we’ve agreed to take on your claim, we'll gather information on your accident to work out who’s responsible for your injuries. We’ll also identify any rehabilitation needs you might have and help you to access the support you need.

Once we’ve established who is responsible for your injuries, we’ll work hard to get an admission of fault. In some cases, this means you could get early compensation payments to cover any immediate costs you have.

In the vast majority of cases the compensation amount you receive will be agreed with your opponent. Where this isn’t possible, the case will go to court – we’ll support you every step of the way if this happens in your case.


When you contact us about your experience, we’ll offer you free, impartial advice about making a claim and the help we can offer. If you decide you’re ready to start a claim, we’ll then put you forward to a specialist solicitor who has experience working with cases like yours.

They’ll then talk through the details of your case and let you know if you can make a no win no fee claim.

If you’re happy to go ahead, your specialist solicitor will then contact the party who is responsible for your accident, and work to prove that the care you received was below the legal “duty of care” standard.



The Claims Bureau Limited are a claims management company. You do not have to use our service as you are entitled to make a claim yourself for free, either to the person against whom you wish to complain or to the relevant statutory ombudsman (The Financial Ombudsman Service or The Pension Ombudsman Service), or the statutory compensation scheme (The Financial Services Compensation Scheme) if it falls within their remit, providing where applicable you have approached the company in question first.


The Claims Bureau, a limited company registered in England & Wales (registered number 08075880), registered at the above address). The Claims Bureau Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (see the FCA register at Reference 830392). The Claims Bureau is registered with the ICO (Z3299040).

8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday & 8.30am - 2.00pm Friday 

+44 (0)1903 868 251   |

The Claims Bureau, Suite 3 & 4, Anchor Springs, Littlehampton, West Sussex BN17 6BP

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • White Twitter Icon